A prayer for faith would be a prayer of unbelief.
A prayer of unbelief has no grounds for being answered.
People who pray for faith live in the realm of unbelief.
There is no need for the believer to pray for faith.
Text: Luke 17:5-6; Mark 9:22-24
1. The Believer Has
- John 6:47
- John 5:24
- Mark 11:22-24
Why would you pray for faith when you already have what you would want to be praying for?
2. The Believer Has Because The Believer Is Blessed
- Ephesians 1:3
Why pray for something you already have such as healing?
- Isaiah 53:4-5; Other Translations – Isaiah 53:4 Surely He has borne our griefs (sicknesses, weaknesses, and distresses) and carried our sorrows and pains [of punishment], yet we [ignorantly] considered Him stricken, smitten, and afflicted by God [as if with leprosy]. 5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole. (AMP)
- Matthew 8:14-17
- 1 Peter 2:24
Why would you pray for faith for the blessing when you already have the blessing?
3. It Is A Matter Of The Integrity Of The Word of God
- Jeremiah 1:12
- Isaiah 55:10-11
- Luke 1:36-38
Why would you pray for faith to believe God when God never lies?
4. The Believer Must Recognize His Standing
- 1 John 3:1-2
- Hebrews 4:16
- Hebrews 10:19-23
- Romans 3:20-26
- 2 Corinthians 5:21
- John 15:4-5
- Romans 8:14-17
Why would you pray for faith for something that based on your standing you can just reach out and take it?
5. All Things Are Yours Already
- 2 Peter 1:2-4
- 1 Corinthians 3:21-23
- Psalm 23:1-6
- Galatians 2:20
- 1 John 4:4
Why would you pray for faith for something when all things are already yours?
6. Don’t Pray For Faith – Be Established In The Faith You Already Have
- Romans 10:17
- Romans 12:3
- Colossians 2:6-10
- Colossians 1:9-14